State Theatre

Lau Sun-fo (劉新科) & George.W. Grey King’s Road, North Point 1952 The State Theatre, originally established as the Empire Theatre in 1952, was a pioneer in bringing international musical and cultural performances to town, paving way for the opening of Hong...

Garden Centre

Chu Pin (Kwan, Chu & Yang Architects) Tai Po Road, Sham Shui Po 1962 Founded in 1926, The Garden Company, the city’s first bakery and confectionery maker, has played a significant role in leading Hong Kong’s food manufacturing industry. It later moved its...

The Landmark

Palmer and Turner Architects (first phase); Aedas Ltd. (second phase) 15 Queen’s Road. Central 1979 (first phase); 1982 (second phase) The Landmark is an office and retail complex located in Central.  Its owner, Hongkong Land, conceived of the project in order...

Connaught Centre (now Jardine House)

Palmer and Turner Architects Connaught Place, Central 1970-1972 The Connaught Centre, now known as the Jardine House, was commissioned by Hongkong Land Properties in 1970 following the company’s acquisition of the newly reclaimed property.  It was the tallest building...
error:

Pin It on Pinterest