St. Paul’s Convent School

Address: 18 Ventris Road Completion date: September 1960 Architect: Eric Cumine Owner/Developer: Sisters of St. Paul de Chartres When St. Paul’s Secondary School first opened in September 1960, it was described as an “ultra-modern secondary school” by a South China...

Marymount Secondary School

Address: 123 Blue Pool Road Completion date: 1957 Architect: W. Szeto  (司徒惠) Owner/Developer: Maryknoll Sisters Founded by the Maryknoll Sisters in 1927, the Maryknoll Sisters’ School moved into the present building in 1957, and was renamed Marymount Secondary School...

HKU Knowles Building

Eric Cumine Pokfulam Road 1973 The Knowles Building is home to the Architecture Department at the University of Hong Kong and there are several stories surrounding its disorienting nature. Myths tell horror stories about how visitors often fail to find their way out...

Tun Yu School

Szeto Wai San Tin Village, Yuen Long 1953 Operating as a primary school in San Tin, New Territories today, Tun Yu School was built using government subsidies and generous donations by the San Tin village people. After World War II, many Mainland Chinese residents fled...

Saint Francis Canossian College (second phase)

Leigh & Orange 9-13 Kennedy Road 1958 The St. Francis’ Canossian School is one of the few aided comprehensive secondary schools in Hong Kong. It has a long history dating back to 1869 when the Canossian Sisters from Italy established the school and became one of...

Chung Chi College Chaplaincy

Chau & Lee (Chau Iu Nin, Richard Lee) Chung Chi College Chaplaincy Road, Chinese University of Hong Kong 1960 Chung Chi College is the only religious constituent college of the nine different faculties of the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). It initially...

St. Louis School

A.H. Basto 179 Third St, Shek Tong Tsui 1952 St. Louis Industrial School is also one of the many schools in Hong Kong with a religious background. It was initially founded in 1864 as a trade and technical school with a Catholic Mission, but the Central and West Wings...

Northcote Training College of Education (demolished)

Public Works Department 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam 1962 The Northcote Teachers’ Training College between Sassoon Road and Victoria Road was built in 1962 to relocate and expand training facilities for teachers based on broader efforts to increase available school...

Peak School

Public Works Department (P.Y.Y. Lam) 20 Plunkett’s Road...
error:

Pin It on Pinterest